How We Help
We serve our community as a partner and resource. Amongst the many things we do, we:
- Promote philanthropy and build connections between donors and good works
- Manage endowment funds that provide financial grants to a wide range of charities
- Run a Community Grants program that provides grants to local charities for local projects through an open application process
- Encourage discussion on topics that matter to us as a community, through our Speaker Series, and producing an annual Vital Signs® community report
By the Numbers
- $21+ million in assets (pooled endowment funds)
- More than $11 million granted since the Foundation was established in 1995
- Over 200 funds managed for people, families, businesses, and charities
- 346+ local charities supported through the Community Grants Program.
In 2017 alone, we granted over $829,552 including $302,964 to support 50 local projects through our Community Grants Program.
View this highlight video from our 2015 grants awards celebration to hear directly from some of our grant recipients the impact our grants are having in our community.
To view a list of 2017 Community Grants recipients, please click here.
All this is possible thanks to the generosity of our hundreds of donors.
By pooling all donations – large and small – we are able to multiply the impact of your gift dollar. Our large base of pooled endowment funds allows us to minimize investment risk through increased diversification, reduce investment charges, and maximize returns. All funds are under the stewardship of our Board of Directors and its Investment Committee, with the advice of our professional investment advisor, so you can be assured your donations are well managed.