Regina Rosen Food First Fund
The Regina Rosen Food First Fund supports food providing or food security organizations in the community. It provides one $1,000 grant each month to support a self-identified project or immediate requirement.
For more information on the Regina Rosen Food First Fund and its impact click here.
Application forms can be downloaded at the bottom of this webpage.
There is no deadline; applications may be submitted at any time. However, as the review committee usually meets in early May and November it is recommended that you submit applications before those times to ensure the most timely review of your proposal.
Field of Interest
Food Security. Grants are provided to food-providing or food security organizations in support of a self-identified project or immediate requirement. Examples could include the procurement, production, preservation or preparation of food or in enhancing our community’s food security through food education, community gardens, food skills building, supporting local food production or other means.
The geographic area served: City of Kingston, Loyalist Township, Township of Central Frontenac, Township of Frontenac Islands, Township of North Frontenac, Township of South Frontenac.
Applications must meet all our general eligibility criteria.
Applicants may receive a grant once per calendar year.
Download and complete the Regina Rosen Food First Proposal Form. Please remember to save this form for your records.
- If you are partnering with a charity please fill out the Confirmation of Partnership Agreement Form.
- Deliver the Proposal Form in person or by mail to: Community Foundation for Kingston & Area, Suite #100, 275 Ontario Street, Kingston, ON K7K 2X5, or email it to email@example.com.
- All Proposals will be reviewed by an independent committee. Successful applicants will be notified after the committee meets (Spring & Fall) if they have been selected to receive an upcoming grant and in which month they will receive their grant.
Grant Agreements and Final Reports
Your project proposal acts as your formal agreement with Foundation.
Once your project is completed, recipients of Regina Rosen Food First Fund grants are asked to provide:
- 1-2 short paragraphs describing how the funds were used
- 1-2 testimonials of the impact of the grant (from staff or clients)
- a photo or visual image, if possible, recognizing privacy issues, please ensure photo permissions are received by any individuals whose images are used. Note that images do not necessarily need to be of people but something that represents your project.
For further assistance, please contact Penny Scott, Grants Coordinator, at 613.546.9696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past RRFFF grant recipients:
Addiction and Mental Health Services-KFLA
Blessings in a Backpack
Boys and Girls Club for Kingston & Area
Community Harvest Market (KCHC)
Elizabeth Fry Society
Food Sharing Project
HIV/AIDS Regional Services
Home Base Housing
Immigrant Services Kingston and Area
Independent Living Centre
Interchurch Refugee Partnership
K3C Community Counselling Centres
Kingston Community Health Centres- Good Food Box
Kingston Community Health Centres- Pathways to Education
Kingston Community Health Centres- Street Health
Kingston Food Providers
Kingston Interval House
Kingston Unitarian Fellowship
Kingston Youth Strategy (Y2K) Collective
Limestone District School Board
New Leaf Link
Northern Frontenac Community Services Corporation
One Roof Youth Service Hub
Outreach St. George’s
Partners in Mission Food Bank
Polson Park Free Methodist Church
Queen’s AMS Food Centre
Queen’s Good Times Diner
Seniors Association Kingston Region
Southern Frontenac Community Services Corporation
St. Vincent de Paul Society
The Mess Open Arts Studio
West Kingston Refugee Partnership
Wolfe Island Community Garden
Youth Diversion Program