- Community Foundation for Kingston & Area: Project Manager, Vital Signs® report for 2016, 2015 and 2014;
- The Kingston Prize, Canada’s Portrait Prize: providing business expertise for planning and finance to the Board;
- Canadian Association of Management Consultants: Chair, Eastern Ontario Chapter;
- Kingston Technology Council: founding Board member and subsequently Chair;
- Thyroid Foundation of Canada: founding Board member (1980) and subsequently Chair.
He has built two boats from kits using the “stich and glue technique” – a kayak and a rowing boat.
Household renovations, whacking garden weeds and the challenges of a MGB also consume his leisure time.
Dr. Ian Gemmill
As a community leader, he currently serves on the board of the Community Foundation for Kingston & Area, the Queen’s Family Health Team Advisory Board, and volunteers with Compassionate Kingston and the residential hospice fundraising cabinet. He’s a former chair of the Imagine Kingston Roundtable. In his spare time he studies Mandarin.