Benefits of working with the Foundation
By partnering with the Community Foundation for Kingston & Area, professional advisors like you can help your clients fulfill their charitable goals. As your partner, we can help you provide a full range of charitable services to enhance your client relationships.
Here are a few ways we can help:
- A partnership: You can consider us part of your extended team of experts, working with you to help you serve your clients – without any charge to you.
- Charitable giving expertise: Whether it’s setting up an alternative to a private foundation, or putting together a complicated charitable giving plan, we can assist in tailoring charitable giving to your clients’ particular needs.
- Community expertise: The Foundation offers extensive Community Granting programs, which engage volunteer experts for community informed decision making. We offer deep community connections, grass roots knowledge and expert advice, to help your clients be as effective as possible in their giving.
- Connect across generations: When you help families establish a fund with the Foundation, you develop a meaningful connection that can help you stay involved with your client’s family for generations.
- Donate a variety of assets: Your clients can give to the Foundation using a variety of assets, including appreciated securities, life insurance, beneficiary designations and bequest gifts.
- Maximum tax benefits: Charitable giving provides powerful opportunities for tax savings and we can help you to structure a charitable giving plan.
- Make a difference in the lives of your clients and your community: By partnering with the Foundation, you can help your clients create a permanent legacy for the community and, at the same time, foster family values about philanthropy.
- Ease of giving: The Foundation’s Donor Advised Fund offering is a cost-effective alternative to establishing and maintaining a private foundation. The Foundation takes care of all the investment, accounting, reporting and legal duties, thereby enabling donors to focus on the most fulfilling part– guiding charitable funds to the important needs in our community.
84% of Canadians contribute to charity on an annual basis. Let us help you, help your client navigate charitable giving.