8 Week – Youth Summer Job Opportunity
Youth Summer Job Opportunity – Office & Communications Assistant
This position with the Community Foundation for Kingston & Area will give the successful candidate solid exposure into the operations of a small charity by giving them experience directly working with two elements that are critical to a charity’s success: solid office administration and good communications.
The successful candidate will have two key areas of responsibility:
- Supporting office administration
- Assisting with the production of strong communication materials.
- Office Administration Duties, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring Database Accuracy and Integrity
Leading on a project to verify the accuracy of data in our contact database by:
- identifying and correcting inconsistencies in data entry/formatting
- identifying and merging duplicate records
- updating records as needed (including sourcing and verifying new contact information as required)
- recommending guidelines for future data entry and validation processes to ensure records are kept accurate moving forward
- General Administrative Support:
Including activities such as filing, organizing, scanning, formatting documents, answering phones, assisting with meeting preparations, and other duties as assigned.
- General Administrative Support:
- Communications Activities, including but not limited to:
- Writing: short articles for website/newsletter and content for social media which highlight the Foundation’s activities and the impact of our Community Grants
- Design & formatting of various communications pieces for print, and digital media, including sourcing appropriate photographs and images
- Producing or assisting in the development of video content
- Attending Marketing & Communications Committee meetings and assisting on projects as requested to help implement the Foundation’s new marketing and communications plan.
- Interested in working with non-profit organizations
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and takes initiative
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft (word, excel, PowerPoint), experience with data bases an asset.
- Demonstrated graphic design skills (in programs such as Photoshop, InDesign, video editing software)
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong comfort using various social media platforms (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram)
- Work well in a team environment
- Good problem-solving skills
- Take directions well
- Confidentiality is a MUST
This position has been made possible by funding from Canada Summer Jobs therefore youth applying must meet all the criteria below:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Duration of Employment: 8 Weeks
Work Week: 35 hours
Start Date: To be determined; 8 weeks during the 2019 summer
Pay: $15.50 per hour
If interested please address your cover letter and resume to the attention of Andrew Oosterman and email your resume to email@example.com or drop off at 275 Ontario Street, Suite 100, Kingston, ON K7K 2X5