Over $75,000 in Stark Family Fund awards given to local charities in PEC!
The Community Foundation for Kingston & Area gave out grants worth $77,906 to thirteen worthy Prince Edward County charities. They were from the Stark Family Fund, which was set up by the late Stark sisters who continue in this way to give to the community they loved. The ceremony at Bloomfield Town Hall, on June 1, highlighted the great charitable work going on in Prince Edward County communities.
- Recreation Outreach Centre (ROC), Community Resource Development Project: $5,000
- Prince Edward Fitness & Aquatic Centre, Pool Chair Lift: $5,000
- Festival Players of Prince Edward County, Made in the County Play Development Program, $5,000
- County of Prince Edward Library & Archives, Making Space Project, $896
- Trenton Memorial Hospital Foundation, Be Clear on Bladder Cancer, $15,300
- Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital Foundation, Priority Medical Equipment Replacement in Cardiology and Emergency, $19,950
- Quinte Children’s Foundation, Expansion into Prince Edward County, $6,000
- The Prince Edward County Community Care for Seniors Association, Meals on Wheels Delivery Equipment, $3,300
- Prince Edward Point Bird Observatory, Prince Edward County Spring Birding Festival, $763
- Community Living Prince Edward, Home of My Own, $3,117
- Rotary Club Scholarships, $5,750
- Brain Injury Association Quinte District, Youth Program for Family Members of ABI Survivors, $3030
- Canadian Diabetes Association, Camp for Children in PEC with Type 1 Diabetes, $4,800